This was done in the Spring 2018 semester at AAU. Below is the process work. I started off with choosing my favorite thumbnail (out of 20-30), then created a preliminary sketch to layout all the bugs and how I wanted my main character to be positioned. I then developed that drawing further. At this point I realized that my assignment needed to be in portrait rather than landscape so I took to Photoshop to rearrange all the bugs and the boy. Once I was happy with a layout, I created some color studies. I wanted to stay on a golden tone for my illustration. I inked everything with a pocket brush and Copic multiliners for details then finished it with watercolor. Some digital editing was done in Photoshop.
Back to Top